Item check out
Item check out: For how long can I borrow the books from the Library?
Information about-the loan period is shown in the electronic catalogue under “Item class”. Items of the same name can have different loan period.
Information about books that are checked out for use at home (title, loan period, number of renewals, etc.) is shown in the User’s Account in the “Borrowed” tab.
| Place of storage |
| Circulation desk||6 months / 1 year|
| Information center 24/7||1 week / 1 month|
| Research Commons ||In-library use only|
| Book Depository||1 week / 1 month|
| Branch-specific reading rooms||In-library use only / 1 day /1 week / 1 month|
| English Reading Room||1 week / 1 month|
| German Reading Room ||1 week / 1 month|
| Department of Manuscripts and Literary Heritage||In-library use only|
| Professors Reading Room ||In-library use only|
| Department of Library Cooperation & Technology||In-library use only / 1 day|
These items are checked out for in-library use only:
- Theses and abstracts;
- Reference literature;
- CDs and DVDs.
Item renewal: How many times and for how long can I renew the books borrowed from the Research Library?
| Item class|
| Reading room only ||Not available|
| 1 day||Not available|
| 1 week||2 renewals 1 week each|
| 1 month||3 renewals 1 month each|
| 6 months||1 renewal 6 months|
| 1 year||Not available|
How can I renew the borrowed items?
The items can be renewed personally at the Circulation Desk, by phone (+73822) 78-51-49 or through your Reader Account in the electronic catalogue.
Unassisted renewal is not available in the following cases:
- overdue date for an item or items;
- the number of renewals reached its limit;
- other Readers have requested this item or items;
- The Reader has unpaid late charges for untimely return of the borrowed items.
The Readers failing to meet the due dates are not be able to:
- to use the electronic request form;
- to renew other items through the Account in the Electronic Catalogue till the moment of return or renewal of the overdue items;
- to use licensed full-text databases outside of the University network and to use the closed resources of the E-library of the Research Library.