- About the Library
- Using the library
English Reading Room
Librarian: Olga Yu. Smolenchuk
Phone: (+73822) 53-42-75
Location: New Building, 3rd floor
Opening hours: Daily 9 am–6 pm
Sat., Sun. – days off
Last Thursday of the month – cleaning day
Note: During English Speaking Clubs (Tuesday and Friday 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm during the academic semester) the IRC rooms are also open for checking out items in open access; however, no consultations from librarians are provided.
The English Reading Room is a subdivision of the Service Department and is a part of the International Resource Center. The book stock numbers around 7,000 items. The books are open access and arranged in a systematic manner; they are included in the electronic catalogue of the library.
Please, use the electronic catalogue to find the necessary video or audio materials or refer to a printed catalogue in the English Reading Room (DVDs).
There are 2 computer-equipped working places and laptops for rent with access to the electronic catalogue and to the Internet.
- Advising on searching for information in TSU database subscriptions;
- Fulfilling inquiries and requests for advice;
- Providing documents for working in the reading room upon readers’ request;
- Checking out items;
- Arranging cultural events;
- Arranging introductory tours;
- Assisting with basic office software;
- Tablet and laptop free rental (for use only in the English Reading Room and German Reading Room during their opening hours).
The English Reading Room can be booked for language learning classes, movie screenings, cultural events and conferences, i.e. international and language learning related events. Please, call or email the librarians of the English and German Reading Rooms or the Head of IRC to book it in advance. During all events, the English Reading Room is open to library users. One can work with the books from the IRC reading rooms in any other rooms of the library.
Additional paid services