- About the Library
- Using the library
Research Library of Tomsk State University Policies
1. The Research Library of Tomsk State University (“the Library”) is one of the structural subdivisions of the University. The aims of the Library are providing information support of the educational process and research for the University by creating the necessary conditions for accessing information, offering advanced services, and arranging trainings on using research and educational information resources. The key types of activities are: library-related, bibliographic, cultural, educational, research (including methodology), and informational.
2. These Regulations are in accordance with the Provisions for structural subdivisions of Tomsk State University – the “Research Library of Tomsk State University” based on the model rules of using the university libraries and the model regulations on the procedure and conditions of accessing library collections of an educational institution for users who are not students and/or employees of the educational institution.
3. These Regulations standardize the relationship between the Library and it users (private individuals and legal entities), rights, duties and responsibilities of the parties.
4. The Library provides information and library services to students, postgraduates, lecturers, employees of Tomsk State University (TSU) in accordance with their requests for information on the basis of its free access. The Library provides basic library information services at no cost. The right to use the Library is also given to retired veterans of the University. Students and TSU employees are served by the Library in order of preference.
5. The Library implements the idea of public access. Its resources and services are open and available at no cost to all those who are not students or TSU employees: students, postgraduates, faculty from other universities, employees of research institutes, teachers, clergy, and other citizens (over 14 years), regardless of gender, ethnicity, education, social status, political opinion, and attitude to religion.
6. The Library staff members have all the rights of the users of the Library.
7. The Library is open for users with a Reader Card or a University ID.
8. Information and library services for users are provided in the Reading Rooms, the Circulation Desk, in remote access through a website, in the Library social networks (the Library blogs, VKontakte, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), by email, and via electronic delivery of documents. The services are regulated by the instructions and methodological documentation of the Library.
9. The Library is open daily according to its schedule excluding cleaning days and state holidays. Virtual access is open around the clock. Mailing address: 34A, Lenina Ave., Tomsk, 634050. Web-site: http://www.lib.tsu.ru,